Friday 9 November 2007

Fight Together Die Alone

Fight Together Die Alone

is this a topic about war, or business to be honest it can be either or

Recently I have applied to another American Firm in Scotland, and being the third to help me to come to the relization, there is not a great chance of me getting me a Job

currently I am applying for technical support jobs in glasgow and edinburgh, and In interviews I get asked some rather dumb questions, some questions have no point, others your not allowed to ask in this country and others have no revelence to the job

for those who know me well, know that a Tech Support job is the lowest paid job i can do and earnings should start at 18k per year, with 2 weeks holiday

the highest paying job i can apply for is IT Support Manager which earnings start at 21k + depending on how long i have done the job before

I have three years in my belt so 25k is not unresonable

but yet i am happy with 16k jobs so long as i can afford to move to glasgow or edinburgh

but because like i said previously people pushing the wages the it people in glasgow down, the pay i am being offered is 12k

YET I go to interviews with people with less technical knowlege repair and installation experience than me

people who just say "We buy dell" "coz its cheap"

which it aint, i understand the many valid view points to go dell, but you still need a good IT Support on site, I worked for dell i Have seen there standards

and the excuses for not hiring me are, "he does not have 20 years experience in server 2003 like our manager"

christ stupid people are everywhere

I remmber trying to get a group of people together to start a business "Numerous times" if 6 students in scotland worked part time, they could start a successfull business in there spare hours within 6 months

if you have a big enougth product and there willing to do it without pay for a year, then a medium scare business is quite easy

but so many dont trust anyone, or no one is willing to lead, and nothing gets done, anytime i tried to lead people resent me

so starting my own business is slim to difficult, and getting employment with some of these firms is also the same

I find the whole concept of business has become parasitical, are we all becoming part of walmart by default

finally would you spend close to 6 years in a higher education, uni college, to work in a mcdonalds, because the pay and hours are better than working for some firm, with the IT knowlege that is outdated so much that there head of IT has to lie about there so called "20 years of experience in 2003"

for those of you who dont get it, server 2003 has only been out for a few years, and server 2000, what 7 years in total not even 10

No comments: